The Best Toilets
TOTO UltraMax II
TOTO UltraMax II is a universal toilet with an elongated surface and a stylish design. One-piece design allows you to clean the toilet quickly and efficiently. The absence of a gap between the tank and bowl eliminates the formation of dirt and debris. One-piece design eliminates the possibility of water leakage.
Thanks to the Tornado Flush TOTO design, centrifugal force is formed to effectively flush waste products. This feature helps to make less water flushing cycles. Pollution resistance helps to use a minimum of cleaning products. Special enamel is resistant to scratches and physical effects.
Universal height is ADA compliant with EPA WaterSense requirements. Chromed lever TOTO SoftClose simplifies everyday use of the toilet. The lid of the toilet bowl is lowered gently and without much effort. A double cleaning system and two nozzles clean the entire inner surface of the toilet bowl. Special glaze SanaGloss minimizes the growth of bacteria and the adhesion of various particles to the walls of the toilet.
A universal mounting system makes installation easy in any home. The seat from shock-resistant plastic maintains high weight. The design is standardized for ordinary and elongated bowls.
High efficiency 1.28 gallons
SoftClose seat included
ADA, WaterSense, CALGreen, and CEC compliant
- Item Weight99 lbs
- Water Consumption1.28 GPF
- Package Dimensions35 x 33 x 23 inches
- SizeL 28 3/8" x W 16 1/2" x H 28 3/4"
Woodbridge B0500 T-0031
Woodbridge B0500 T-0031 is a compact water closet with one-piece construction. The hull design makes every day cleaning easier. The design is equipped with a double flush system (1.28-gallon flow). Siphon flushing design provides a powerful flush without a high level of noise or leakage. Installation of the toilet is as simple as possible. Intuitively convenient system of connections will help to make installation in any conditions.
The toilet comes in all-in-one format. In addition to the toilet, the buyer gets a comfortable and soft seat, as well as a system of fixings with clear instructions. The toilet lid is designed to withstand many cycles of use. It is also convenient to clean. The fastening system prevents rapid wear of the structure.
Installation does not take much time thanks to the simple hand wrench tool. You will be able to tighten even the most inaccessible bolts. The toilet has a five-year one-year construction warranty and a one-year warranty on a mechanical water flush system. Porcelain coating is resistant to fading and chemicals. The toilet maintains many cleaning cycles with cleaning products. Attractive design allows you to mount the design in any bathroom.
Luxurious modern design
Easy to clean design
Quite & powerful flushing
Top quality seat
- Item Weight151 pounds
- Water1.28 GPF
- Product Dimensions29 x 19 x 30 inches
American Standard Cadet 3
Cadet 3 is a modern toilet made according to American Standard 2988.101.020. The design is created in such a way as to eliminate possible blockages. A two-piece toilet bowl can transfer a kilogram of solids when flushing. Thanks to an efficient flushing system, each use requires only 1.28 gallons of water. The EverClean surface protects the structure from the formation of mold and mildew.
The system is equipped with a 3-inch flush valve that is resistant to various chemical substances. The design defies warping and provides 80 percent faster flush. A special siphon trap helps to reduce clogging and free particle traffic.
Due to the special design of the rim, water is supplied under pressure. This allows you to quickly remove any amount of substance and leave the inner surface clean. A total of 1.28 gallons of flush water allows you to save the family budget and take care of the environment.
EverClean surface contains a protective composition with the addition of silver ions. This eliminates the appearance of fungus, mold and other pathogens. Also, the toilet is easy to clean. Even after a couple of years of use, the design will look presentable. American Standard Brands completes this model with two covers and a seat that has a universal design and is convenient for everyday use.
Combination bowl and tank with seat
Oversized 3 inches flush valve
Siphon action jetted bowl with smooth sided
EverClean surface inhibits the growth of stain and odor causing bacteria
- Item Weight75 pounds
- Water Consumption1.28 GPF
- Product Dimensions28.2 x 15.8 x 30.8 inches
- Size28.2 in wide x 15.8 in tall x 30.8 in deep
KOHLER K-3950-0 Tresham
Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort
Comfort Height(R) feature offers chair-height seating that makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults
Seat and supply line not included
- Item Weight72.8 pounds
- Water Consumption1.28 GPF
- Package Dimensions28.5 x 16.5 x 14.5 inches
- SizeValue not found
Best Car GPS Buying Guide & FAQ
Nowadays, there is a huge number of companies-manufacturers of toilets. How can you sort it out and choose the best toilets among such a variety? Many similar questions filled the forums of plumbing sites.
The very first thing to understand is not to chase famous brands of toilets. Pay attention to what kind of sewerage system you have in the house. It will be a pity for the money spent, if it turns out that you purchased an elite toilet is not suitable for the outlet system, which will require some additional costs for the purchase of adapters, changing pipes, bathroom redesign. For those who are limited on the budget, we will consider the rating of toilets and help you choose a good toilet, which combines a reliable design and moderate cost.
Pay attention to the characteristics of the toilet before purchasing; how it is connected to the sewer, especially to the toilet outlet: oblique, horizontal, vertical. What type of water supply will you use, not the shape (with or without shelf), color of toilet or not, which type of flush system – unrimmed or ordinary.
It should be noted that modern models are commonly produced with universal outlet and water supply. Decide for yourself how you will install a toilet – floor-standing or you will prefer a toilet of hanging structure or wall-hung toilet to save space and ease of cleaning. Each of them has its pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages. For expensive, there are additional functions in the form of a system of dual-mode flush, antisplash, with the function of bidet and lid microlift.
In total, a person spends about hours of life in the toilet. I suppose, this is a serious argument in favor of taking seriously the arrangement of this modest in size room. Today we will tell you not only how to choose the right toilet, but also present the most popular models in order you could make the only right choice.
The offer on the plumbing market for toilets reflects the established demand herefor as clearly as possible. If a person can do without expensive tiles and stretch ceilings in the WC-and-bathroom unit, he/she can not do without a toilet. The people’s appetites vary, but there is a set of criteria that determine which toilet is better.
Criteria for the selection of the best toilet
It is almost impossible to determine the best toilet at a glance. Today in stores you can find hundreds of well-designed plumbing products with a variety of work devices, convenient buttons and flush regulators, automatically closing lid and unique design. We will identify important criteria that should be considered when choosing a toilet.
- Type of installation. This is the basis of what should be decided upon based on the size of the room and the possibilities for implementation. The simplest installation belongs to classical floor-standing constructions; for add-ins it will be necessary to install a cistern in a gypsum plasterboard niche, and for wall-hung toilets — an installation frame, which will hold not only the cistern, but the toilet as well.
- Material. Today production has no restrictions in this regard. For country houses or budget temporary constructions, you can purchase plastic toilets. There are options made of stainless steel; they have a stylish look and are difficult to damage, although require a somewhat different care. On sale you can find porcelain models even of artificial stone, but the largest selection is of classic ceramic products.
- Flush type. Each of them has its advantages and disadvantages. If we talk about circular flush, the water washes the bowl from all sides, but the pressure is weaker. There is another disadvantage in direct supply – washing only 40% of the surface with maximum water pressure.
- The shape of the bowl. The funnel-shape is perfectly cleaned and eliminates the formation of splashes. The plate-like shape was very popular in Soviet times; the hole is strongly shifted in the opposite side of the cistern, it requires a large amount of water for flushing, but remains relevant in the budget options. The visor shape is one of the most common at the moment, in front of the drain there is a bulge, and it is almost in the center.
- The lid. Buying plumbing for many years, it is better to choose a toilet with a quality lid from the same manufacturer. This will save you from searching for suitable options for material and shade. In addition, the manufacturers now try to equip models with solid lids with a microlift, which does not allow to damage the lid when shutting the lid improperly.
Which toilet manufacturers are the best?
A huge number of manufacturers producing toilets of different price segment and quality are represented on the market. Even there are more models, from the most simple and compact to complex multifunctional devices. To make it easier for you to sort out this variety we have collected a rating of toilets by quality, which are the best based on user reviews, and also present an overview of the best companies – manufacturers of toilets.
To look for disadvantages in such devices is not obviously worthwhile – these are really the best toilets, the rating of which is held not only due to the name of the brand. All of them are made of durable materials and equipped with high-quality fittings, able to last for more than a dozen years. If there are any negative opinions about such products, it is most likely subjective impressions.
- American Standard
The most important criterion for the selection of toilets for a particular place of use is its design. However, this concept includes a number of characteristics: type (wall-hung or floor-standing, separate or combined), method of water outlet, shape of the bowl. Let’s stop on this classification in more detail.
Combined or separated
When discussing the toilet design, it is usually meant to divide them into combined (compact) toilets and separate ones, where the toilet cistern is hung on the wall.
Separate models are convenient because from a highly located cistern water comes down faster, respectively, its flow is more powerful and washes better. However, this option has its disadvantages: difficulties in installation and maintenance of the toilet cistern, if it is too high, noise during operation.
The joint (compact) toilet is easier to install and does not make much noise. There is a variety of such toilets with a hidden flush system, in which the cistern is mounted into the wall, which saves space. Also today you can find a toilet without a toilet cistern — such models have a drain device, which is installed in the water supply system.
If you choose a separate toilet, there is another question that needs to be solved. The fact is that you can buy it entirely, assembled, and also – in parts. It is generally recommended to select factory assembly options that are ready for installation, adjusted and tested.
Floor-standing or wall-mounted
Another division of toilets into types depends on the installation method.
Wall-mounted toilets occupy less space, so they are preferred by those who need to install in a small room additionally, for example, a bidet or sinks. These models are mounted into the wall and can withstand loads of up to 400 kg. Their installation in the WC allows to give the interior of the room “airiness”; such a toilet looks aesthetically, while allowing to use a beautiful tile without hiding it.
Floor-standing toilets are a more familiar option for us. At the same time, such models can be conventional or wall mounted (floor-side), which are installed close to the wall and thus save space. If you like the idea of a wall-hung toilet, but for some reason you have to give up this option, you can pay attention to the wall-mounted toilets with a hidden flush system that occupy almost as little space as wall-hung toilets.
To determine the type of toilet, first of all it is necessary to evaluate the conditions — the size of the room, the features of the wall coverings (whether they will withstand the wall-hung toilet), etc.
The design of the toilet cistern, depending on the flush design, can be of several types:
- Conventional flush. When you press the button, a certain amount of water is always poured out of the cistern.
- Flush at different speeds. This cistern is equipped with two flush buttons: small flushing (pours 2-4 l of water) and large flushing (pours 6-8 l). It is quite convenient if there are water meters in the apartment, and you care about its consumption. Flush mechanism that regulates the amount of water due to the duration of holding the drain button.
- Automatic flush: the device triggers the drain mechanism when a person gets off the toilet. Also an important characteristic of the cistern is the noiselessness, which directly depends on the quality of installation of the cistern and on the qualification of the workers who made the installation. Therefore, we recommend you to purchase a toilet only where you give a guarantee for the product, and for the toilet installation only apply to specialized service centers.
The mechanism for toilet flush, which is activated by pressing the button, can be of two types:
- Single mode. With one button, where you can’t adjust the flow of water.
- Dual-mode. If you press one button, all the water from the toilet cistern will be gone. And if on the other – half of the volume of the drain cistern will be gone, which, respectively, allows to save water.
In addition, the mechanism with two modes of the cistern flushing can be with one button. In this case, the amount of water to be flushed will depend on the press force.
Thus, the toilet flush valve starts to operate when you press the button or pull the lever or rope. The pre-determined amount of water is flushed into the toilet bowl at high speed, thereby washing away all its contents into the sewer.
As you can see, the principle of operation of the water drain mechanism in the toilet is simple and is based on the alternating action of the toilet flush valve.
Perhaps, it is the most common material, which is based on fine porous white ceramics, covered with enamel of one or another color. Compared to other materials, the WC ceramic is relatively cheap, and this is due to its general popularity. Like any material of this class, th WC ceramic has its own disadvantages. The main one is the high abrasion of the enamel, which causes penetration of moisture already into the structure of ceramics. As a result, the strength of the product is slowly but properly reduced. And then you can observe the complete destruction of the bowl, especially if you or your relatives have quite impressive dimensions.
This material in its appearance can be often confused with faience, but the price for toilets sets things in order: the porcelain base is the same white clay, but in manufacturing it is diluted with feld spar and quartz and acquires more solid technical characteristics. Accordingly, the enamel that covers the clay, abrasions not so quickly, and pleases the happy owners of the toilets made of porcelain of lively color quite a long time. Not a lifetime, of course, but about twice as much a toilet made of the WC ceramic. However, you have to pay well for good porcelain: the price is more than 40 to 45 percent compared to the above – mentioned faience products.
It is less popular material but much more strong and long-lasting. Steel toilets are absolutely not afraid of moisture and due to their strength are perfect for public spaces. Even if some vandal wants to mock a steel “white friend”, it is unlikely that he will come up with something. For an unlimited warranty period of use you have to pay accordingly – steel toilets are more expensive than even porcelain products.
Marble, artificial stone
One of the most expensive materials for toilets, which is in demand first of all among those who welcome the unique design of the room and have the means to realize their most “kosher” intentions. The toilets made of marble and artificial stone are very hygienic; they do not lose color, are quite economical in terms of water consumption, as bacteria and dirt do not linger on an absolutely smooth surface. It is unlikely that you will be able to find such toilets in ordinary sanitaryware shops – usually they are made to order and have a unique style of execution.
The popular bath material – acrylic – is successfully used for the manufacture of toilets. As a rule, such toilets are very light and easy to install, but their durability leaves much to be desired. Most often they are used for country houses and various auxiliary rooms and very rarely – at home. Choosing the material for your toilet is still halfway. The real difficulties arise when it comes to what type of attachment to choose. How to choose a toilet with the most suitable mounting? Read on and underline the most popular models.
Types of toilets and toilet cisterns
Currently, manufacturers produce two types of toilets:
- plumbing installed on the floor of the WC. A bright representative is the toilet-compact. A distinctive feature of the floor-standing toilet is the simplicity of installation and maintenance of the structure, as well as the low cost of products;
- plumbing which is mounted on the wall of the WC. The wall-hung toilet is more expensive than the floor-standing structure, and also requires certain skills during installation. However, this design allows you to keep the design of the room in a given form and save the space of the WC as much as possible.
The toilet cistern can be installed:
- above the toilet. The top cistern is flushed when the chain is lowered, triggering the drain mechanism. A special pipeline is used to connect the flush valve and the toilet;
- on the shelf of the toilet (toilet-compact);
- in the wall of the WC. The concealed cistern is mainly used in the installation of wall-hung toilets, but can also be used for floor-staning structures. The main advantage is the neat appearance of the room, without pipes and fittings.
Which toilet should I prefer: wall-hung or floor-standing, with a wall cistern or with a compact, with a noiseless descent of water or with the functions of a bidet? Much depends on how much money you have.
As it stands, we believe there are three tiers of prices. A low budget tier that usually falls anywhere between $50 and $150. Then you have the mid tier which we believe falls between $150 to $300. The top tier are usually the more advanced, powerful models, that have all the latest technology and exceptional designs. So it’s only natural that they come with an added value.
The purchase of plumbing products requires the calculation of the mass characteristics of the sewerage and the space of the WC-and-bathroom unit. Now everyone talks about their advantages, but it would be nice to pay attention to their disadvantages. If they didn’t stop you, it’s important to understand the types. After all, each type of toilet has its own pros and cons. Often it happens that you choose the model you like, but in fact it turns out that it is very problematic because of the outlet forms and the way of water feed. Pay attention to the details, learn more about the characteristics of market leaders and make only the right choice. Have a good shopping!